Both inflorescences have two flowers open now. I'm still struggling on how to persuade the plants to flower in the best orientation for my photos so I can get a reasonable background. Until then this is about the best I can do without lugging large dripping pots, with traps hanging out the bottom, around.
Today I decided to remove the old withered leaves from the pots. To make it a little easier I lifted the pots out, it saves leaning over a big tub of Drosophyllum, and growing down beneath the pots was this little chappie.
No traps on it but it's nice and healthy. It resides in its own super long tom now
My pot of u. Reniformis has never done very well at all, I kept it in the pot and mix it came in . Think it's time I took your advice and replanted it in sphagnum , the mix it's in looks peat based , time to wash off the old and pot in sphagnum for the new season I reckon , I gave it two seasons and no good for me
Thanks for the tips , I've already done the repot before I read these, I used sphagnum and a normal pot , I was surprised to see leaves were sprouting, when I washed off the old mix there was less plant than I expected
I've had people warn against net pots because the stolons can grow through them and get stuck, necessitating breaking them to repot the plant.
The net pot I am using is about 250 mm square and has very narrow slits probably less than 1mm in width and hasn't shown any signs of stolons coming through as yet, although you are absolutely right, with wider slotted net pots, that could happen. Cheers steve