Yeah, it's a bit of a process involving a few steps, from having to collect pollen from a flower onto paper, to then storing that pollen in the fridge until the next flower opens and is ready to be pollinated.
Guess timing is everything there, so good luck with your continued efforts and hope to hear of your success in getting some viable Heli seeds soon.
Olde CP nuts never die - they just recommit themselves...
I was going to wait to see if i was successful or not before telling my secrets but you've twisted my arm . To start the flowers were ready at the same time, if I had used this technique earlier I would of almost certainly had more pollinated flowers( I'll withhold the right to edit this post if all goes pear shaped). I then took the stamen off the h.minor flower when I thought was the right time ,a healthy yellow and not too dark a yellow ( i chose banana skin), then allowed to dry for a day or two open to house humidity, this is the bit I thought of myself ( maybe a common way to do it ,but worked it out ) I held stamen in tweezers one at a time above and close to a square of aluminium foil. I had no success with the tuning fork before but when held in tweezers and tuning fork struck and held onto tweezers the stamen gave up the pollen, only small amounts as expected. Previously I'd read about the tuning fork and drying out but tried to hold the fork directly onto the stamen with no success, vibrating the tweezers worked a treat for me. Then simply picked up a small amount of pollen off the foil with a fine paint brush and brushed onto the stigma of a freshly opened h.pulchella flower. Probably jinxed myself but that was my technique
Hi DVG It certainly is the same clone, the plant is grown open to house environment under t5 ho lights and have a photoperiod of 14 on 10 off , lights are around 10 inch from top of the pots but a few months back I moved them a further 6 inch away . Plants are not as coloured up now but other plants seemed to be getting too much sun so it's an experiment. They're in net pots in a take away container so when I water from above I generally let about an inch of water sit in the bottom, I don't mind if the water is used and sometimes leave dry for a few days before topping up, seems to work for me . They did dry out too much a couple of years back and I lost some pitchers and a set back of growth after re potting and media change so am sure better growth is easily achievable. Humidity can range between 25 and 60 and temps from 10 to 28 ,I try to open a window at night with a fan in summer for cooler temps ,they grow much better than I was expecting them to in house conditions, I should try growing on the windowsill
A couple of pics for DVG after the plant and Moss had a good clean up, a flower on its way ,my previous attempt at pollinating failed to produce viable seed but I shall try again and again until I get bored, this is what the pitchers look like when light starved, not the best pics and a bit of a rush job but the plant ain't looking at its best either